Thursday, February 12, 2015

Solitude - February 11


It looks like the weather across the country is backwards.  The weather in the east is snow, snow, snow and cold.  Park City has been in the 40s and 50 for the last two weeks and all the snow is gone except at the higher elevations (Park City is over 6,000 feet).  So my cross country skiing expertise is suffering – last time I skied here, I had to dodge puddles and bare spots. 
As a result, I needed something else to keep me off the streets – so I took up yoga!  That’s right, me and 15 ladies in spandex (all ages, shapes and sizes) bending and stretching in ways God never intended.
Then, my brilliant wife suggested we try other ski areas.  So…we drove down to Solitude, where the base is about 8,500 feet.  Lo and behold, they had plenty of snow and had just gotten five inches the night before we went.
While Karol went downhill skiing, I went to the Nordic Center and tried out their cross country trails.
 

 
We also found that they have a multitude of snow shoeing trails and tried that as well.

 
 
 

Of course, Karol had to stop to take some pictures...


which you'll be able to see soon at her blog:  http://shootingacrossthecountry.blogspot.com/
 

1 comment:

  1. Your description of yoga is highly amusing. I guess you won't be adding "Yogi" to your ever expanding list of talents?

    ReplyDelete