Monday, October 27, 2014


 After the photo workshop, Karol and her photo buddy, Jamie, were all excited about going out into the countryside shooting foliage, barns and waterfalls.  Because it was mostly rainy, and the light wasn’t good, they decided on shooting waterfalls and invited me to come along.  I wasn’t too excited about traipsing around in the woods in the rain, but when they mentioned they were going to Bash Bish Falls, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to visit such a great sounding place – BASH BISH!  Not Bish Bash, which would have been more alliterative, but Bash Bish. Wow!! 
Of course, the falls were down a long treacherous trail, covered in wet leaves and muddy/slippery  slopes.  I captured some of them …



 
When we finally made it, we found the falls were actually pretty photogenic.  I settled for these rather tame pictures.
 

 

 
But the avid photogs had to get the perfect shot – climbing on the side of the hill or scaling the rocks to get close.


 
The next day, we were back out looking for the birch forest.  I thought I had driven down some back roads in the Adirondacks and Vermont, but Jamie put me to shame.  Here is the road he took to get the great shots.

 
...and then they had to get the right angle for the shot...

 
You will be able to see some of the results of these efforts after Karol sorts through the 1,000 or so pictures she took last week and posts them at http://shootingacrossthecountry.blogspot.com/.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your posts dad - I can hear your voice telling the stories & it's almost like getting to talk to you :)

    ReplyDelete