Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Vermont - October 5 -17


 
We left the Adirondacks and spent the past two weeks in Vermont.  The first week was in Williston, near Burlington, where Karol worked a lot.  We stayed at the exclusive Residence Inn and made day trips to see Lake Champlain.
Here is where we stayed.

Here are some views of Lake Champlain.
 





 
After a week, we moved to a place near Killington VT – it’s a ski resort with lots of things to do even in the off season.  We stayed at North Star Resort.
 
We hiked through the woods and up a ski slope, and made several day trips, looking for photo ops.  In fact, Karol has a book we followed, where the author describes all these prime locations, including gorges, lakes, ponds and waterfalls.  I swear we drove along every back road, country road, dirt road, bumpy road, dusty road, winding road and rocky road (no we didn’t see Ben or Jerry) looking for these places and found most of them. 
 Here are some of our views.
This is Quechee Gorge - Vermont's version of the Grand Canyon - pretty presumptuous, if you ask me!
 
 
 There was a hot air balloon passing by when we were there - can you find it?
 
Here's one of the back roads we travelled.







 
We also took in the country side, stopping along the way in quaint VT towns like Woodstock (no not that Woodstock) and local country stores.
 
We also stopped at a horse jumping competition – I was surprised at how many horses decided not to jump after all once they approached the barrier!

 
After a while, I started to feel out of place in my khakis and button down shirts among all the local mountain men so I decided to change my appearance to fit in better.  I bought some plaid flannel shirts and let my beard grow.  What do you think of my new look?!?!
 
 
 
 

1 comment: