Monday, May 11, 2015

Bryce Canyon National Park

In addition to the spectacular scenery, I liked Bryce Canyon for two great reasons:
  • They call the rock formations "hoodoos" and I love saying hoodoo!  Also, they remind me of the Paul Simon song, "Hoodoo, hoodoo you think you're foolin'."
  • 2) The Raven - more of that later.
Here are some hoodoos and other scenery in the park.



 


 



 


 


 


 
 
 

Not all rock formations are can be said to be good looking but they do have personality.  For example, this one looks like Richard Nixon!  (come on - don't say you can't see him saying, "I'm not a crook.")



The other attraction in Bryce is a Raven who poses for the tourists.  I swear he was posing - first left profile, then right profile, then a head shot.  There must have been 15 people with cameras taking his picture from just a few feet away.





And if that doesn't convince you that he was posing, you should have seen him do the model walk down the catwalk.


I gave him some trail mix because I thought he had earned it, but I was chastised for feeding the wildlife.  I don't think that is a fair criticism because he wasn't wildlife, it had to be a very short actor in a bird suit to be able to pose like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment